Friday, November 4, 2011

Road Pictures

As Bob Hope and Bing Crosby warbled while riding on a camel schlepping along the dunes,
"We're off on the Road to Morocco,
Instead of the Tunnel of Love....."
That song almost always goes through my mind as we head out on yet another adventure.  Recently, the Woodster and I took a road trip to Colorado. Our final destination was my sister in law's ranch.






As the road from San Diego to Colorado is a long and windy one, I like to keep myself occupied by taking road pictures with my camera as we drive along listening to an audiobook. Whizzing along at 60 mph to get from point A to point B with few turnouts for photo opportunities could be frustrating. 











But to me, road pictures are a lot fun. I never know what I'm going to get. Blurs, reflections, colors, shapes, and bug splats make for good road pictures in my mind. It keeps me entertained as we head down the road.








Our trip to Colorado is endlessly fascinating as the landscape changed so frequently. If I don't like what I'm seeing at the moment, I don't need to worry as it all changes soon enough.


We travel to Colorado frequently. 


Oddly enough, more often than not we are dodging a storm. This fall trip was no exception. The weather was very changeable and we narrowly missed the first traces of snow of the season. But, stormy weather means interesting skies.

As I said, I just love road pictures.....even if we don't get to meet Dorothy Lamour.

No comments:

Post a Comment